Savvas Learning Company is a global education company that produces award-winning learning solutions that empower educators and engage students with the highest quality content.
Recognized as an industry leader, we serve millions of K-12 learners with innovative, student-centered educational programs that turn today's classrooms into active learning environments. By embracing technology, personalized learning, and immersive experiences delivered across multiple platforms, we design our learning solutions to be more accessible and relevant to each student.
Our comprehensive solutions for core curriculum, and supplemental and intervention programs - supported by an array of professional development services - allow teachers to use data to inform classroom practices and tailor instructions to an individual's abilities and learning styles.
Are you a current undergraduate student looking for an exciting opportunity next summer? Savvas Learning Company is currently seeking undergraduate students who want to join our summer 2024 internship program in Northbrook, IL.
The internship lasts for eight weeks and is a great opportunity for students to gain valuable experience. During the program, participants will receive guidance from top teams in the K - 12 education field, work on real-life business projects, attend weekly informational sessions to learn about other business areas, network with other students, attend off-site events, and finally, present their project at the end of the summer to showcase the impact you've made on our business.
As an Editorial Intern for our Math content development team, you will join a team that is committed to creating new, culturally informed math content that has the potential to impact millions of students. You will use your educational background, in combination with on-the-job training, in the development process for innovative instructional materials for use in K-12 schools. The ideal candidate is a college student with an interest in both math and the K - 12 Education field. The Intern will have the opportunity to learn about this exciting field while influencing our products with their first-hand experience of popular culture and their ability to infuse motivational contexts into our products.
Our internship positions are regular full-time roles, 40 hours per week, requiring a hybrid work schedule in our Northbrook, IL office, 1 - 2 days per week in the office.
- Using the Company's software and applications.
- Working with inputs and outputs to the Company's databases and platforms.
- Uploading files and spreadsheets to the Company's web applications.
- Correlating instructional content to state standards.
- Creating pagination logs.
- Contributing to the creation of content and assembly documents for shared content objects (SCOs).
- Working on digital courseware development as well as the development of digital assets such as eTexts, digital homework, etc.
- Must be a current student enrolled in an undergraduate program from an accredited college or university
- Graduation date after August 2024
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours per week)
- Ability to work onsite in Northbrook, IL
- Major in Education, a math discipline, or Publishing preferred
- Proficient in software used during the product development process, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- An aptitude and desire to learn new software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and set priorities
- Ability to complete assigned tasks on schedule with the required level of quality
- Open to using constructive feedback to refine skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to respond quickly in an environment of changing priorities
Our Hiring Process:
You will participate in the following interview process.
- Phone Screen - Qualified applicants will be invited to a prescreen with a member of our Talent Acquisition Team. During this call, we would like to learn more about your background and your career interests. This is also a great time to ask any questions that you may have about the company or the internship program.
- Formal Interview - During this stage of our interview process, you will have an opportunity to meet with a panel of interviewers. This interview will include your potential intern mentor and other members of the intern leadership team. You'll have an opportunity to learn more about the internship and what you can expect to gain over the summer while sharing more about the skills and experience you can bring to the team.
- Offer - If identified as the most qualified candidate for the internship program, you can expect to receive an offer of employment, outlining details and compensation.
If determined that you are not the best fit for the role, you may be declined at any stage of the process.
Hear What Our Former Interns Have To Say:
"From my first day at Savvas, I felt like a valued part of the team. There's a strong company culture of collaboration, support, and dedication. Over eight weeks, I worked on a variety of literacy materials, participated in team meetings, and conducted independent research that culminated in a final presentation to senior leadership. My mentors and coworkers were incredibly helpful, encouraging, and receptive. Savvas has only strengthened my dedication and passion for education!"
"Overall my experience with Savvas this summer has been quite positive. One thing that stood out to me was the positive workplace culture. I felt very welcomed during my short time with Savvas and the team I worked with felt dedicated to making sure I had the best experience possible which I really appreciated. I enjoyed working on my project and also getting the chance to see how a SWE team worked on a daily basis, offering a glimpse at the kind of work that I might do in the future."
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance, disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to support the total well-being of our employees.
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
"Notice to California applicants: Information collected and processed as part of your Savvas Careers profile, and any job applications you choose to submit is subject to ."
Pay Transparency Provision