The Regional Manager, Strategic Sales (RMSS) is responsible for Volume Product and Education and Routine Products sales channel design and implementation including, go to market strategy for indirect sales channels and territory development related to our Dealer and Business Partner Organization. This will involve Recruiting new Partners, Creation of a dealer entity (if required), and Performance Management as it applies to the Dealer organization. It will also involve being involved in the design and implementation of an E-commerce channel with the creation of content to support this channel along with management of a specialized E-commerce sales and support team.
*This role will cover the Eastern Region of the US. Candidate must be located East of the Mississippi River.
The RMSS-East will work collaboratively with various other sales channels including direct sales, Aftersales, Biotech/Pharma, OEM/VAR sale, etc., as well as Marketing, PASS, and Customer Retention (Service) to ensure all of these groups are fully leveraged for the greatest results in Volume Products and Education and Routine Products.
* Using Performance Management tactics and coaching, ensures revenue and unit goal achievement for the assigned businesses
* Working with the Head of Sales North America, Director of Sales - Life Sciences E&R, and Director of Sales - Material Science, to create, develop, monitor, and refine (as needed) business plans to grow the Partner and E-commerce RMS business
* Serve as a primary point of contact for Partners and E-commerce team as well as coach to salespeople within these organizations ensuring they are all properly trained on ZEISS instruments and selling processes
* Maintain and develop existing Partners business relationships with regular communication and twice yearly on-site visits
* Recruits or builds new Dealers/Partners as required to cover the assigned territory and specific markets (i.e. clincal, education, food and beverage, etc.)
* Work collaboratively with various departments in North America including, but not limited to Sales, PASS, and Service to ensure these groups are being fully leveraged in building the Partner and E-commerce business
* Provide regular feedback to the Head of Sales and Directors of Sales on what is working well as well as what obstacles stand in the way of increased success
* Working with Marketing and Product groups, build yearly marketing plans as well as aid in the generation of any collateral required, which will increase brand awareness and growth of the Partner and E-commerce channels
* Working collaboratively with the Head of Sales and Directors of Sales and other departments, continually work to increase efficiency with improved ZEISS processes which slow the sales process and create unnecessary work for ZEISS and the Partners and E-commerce Teams
* Responsible for your personal safety when visiting labs and institutions by understanding the basics of lab behavior and an awareness of risks
* Participate at vendor shows, workshops, trainings, etc. as required
* Other duties as requested
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Laboratory Safety requirements for BSL 1, 2, and 3 environments, as well as specimen handling of Level 3 (and below) pathogenic biohazards (e.g., bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and prions)
- Bachelor's Degree. Preferably in Business, Biology, or Imaging
- 2-3 years of technical sales experience
- 3-5 years of sales management experience. Preferable working with Distribution or Dealer channels.
- Knowledge of microscopy and image analysis (preferred)
- Working Conditions and Special Demands:
- Capable and willing to engage customers in their workspace/environment, including BSL -2 and BSL-3 facilities. If capable and willing, may be asked to engage in a BSL-4 environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and overseas ~60%
- Ability to lift equipment up to ~ 75 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver license and the ability to procure a passport
Your ZEISS Recruiting Team:Lindsay Walker