Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good home possible for the millions of families without one. We support community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of government, and build and manage communities ourselves. Since 1982, we have invested $54 billion and created 873,000 homes across all 50 states - all to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging.
Join us at enterprisecommunity.org.
Working at Enterprise
At Enterprise, you'll be part of a diverse, committed team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You'll be empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance racial equity. And you will find a career home where you're valued and supported in your growth journey.
Enterprise offers career opportunities in our with an.
Job Description SummaryThe Intern will play an integral role in assisting staff with advancing our organization's mission by supporting the core function of community engagement, economic mobility, and philanthropic fundraising. The Intern will report to a Senior Program Director.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with exceptional organizational skills as well as strong written and verbal communication who is willing to do a range of tasks to ensure quality workflow and delivery of high-quality work products. The Intern will support in the event planning for a 20th Anniversary celebration for the Enterprise Women's Network through direct outreach to past and current mentees and mentors, collecting and summarizing stories and reflections, and event planning support to prepare and execute a successful event in September. The Intern will also provide program support for the 2022-2023 girls mentoring program calendar planning. And finally, the Intern will be encouraged to demonstrate curiosity, participate in training and professional development opportunities, and receive coaching on careers in the nonprofit industry.
The Intern will engage with a range of hands-on projects and tasks, including but not limited to:
- Partner Outreach. Call and log outreach to 100+ past and current mentees and mentors to make them aware of the upcoming event, as well as request their assistance in a storytelling initiative.
- Manage the database of outreach.
- Marketing and Storytelling. Set-up storytelling interviews - via zoom or written interview. Draft storytelling content for Marketing team.
- Fundraising. Support the Director of Development in preparing fundraising materials and grant proposals/reports; using our CRM software (Salesforce) to assist with donor management and achieving fundraising goals.
- Conduct prospect research and match/find points of alignment with Enterprise programs.
- Shadow frontline fundraisers on the donor cycle, including identifying, qualifying, submitting LOIs and proposals, soliciting, and reporting/stewarding funders.
- Join regular fundraising team meetings, as available.
- Assist in planning the 2022-2023 Girls Mentoring calendar by securing guest speakers, preparing materials and interacting with the school community.
- Participate in Internship programming, with options to join Enterprise-wide trainings, information sessions and convenings
- Other fundraising and program development related tasks as assigned.
- High School degree required, pursuing a bachelor's degree.
- Team player, with willingness to collaborate and learn new information.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a variety of audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and take responsibility for moving tasks forward with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail and reliability.
- Ability to seek out relevant information to support recommendations.
- Diplomacy, composure, flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Baltimore City and Enterprise Women's Network a plus.