At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Transmission Project Engineer, we'll count on you to:
- Proposal Support- Active participation on client Requests For Proposals (RFPs). Develop technical responses, hour estimates and assessing the RFP risks. Experienced with preparing and editing construction/equipment procurement specifications and evaluating client standards. Comfortable with developing technical papers and/or presentations that showcase HDR's technical capabilities at industry conferences or other events.
- Coordination- Coordinate work and assignments with the design team. Measure quality and progress on a real time basis including coordination with other disciplines and offices.
- Quality reviews- Lead and participate in quality reviews to client standards and code compliance.
- Client Coordination- Resolve and document technical issues and decisions on a timely basis. Work with the client and project management to identify changes in scope and schedule.
- Progress reporting- Assist Project Management with progress and issues reporting.
- Construction Support- Lead on site project reviews with the client and construction companies. Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with responding to RFIs, CPRs, and change orders. Incorporate agreed-upon changes into the project documents.
- Mentoring- Work with Senior Engineers and the Business Class Leader to identify and develop specific departmental and corporate level technical expertise. Stay relevant to changing design and construction technologies. Participate in the development and training programs for junior staff.
- Perform other duties as needed