Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we're the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say "parking is our industry but people are our passion." Our mission is to "create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best - contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
An Ambassador for LAZ Healthcare Services is a warm and caring individual who has a desire to help others and the ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Lobby assistance:
- Directions to desks, buildings, floors
- Report any safety concerns
- Monitor/assist with parking technology or other lobby technologies
- Answer basic questions regarding wayfinding/restrooms/visitor policy
- Information Desk Check-in:
- Front desk duties vary by hospital but usually include operating phones, two-way radio, registration, discharge and/or other duties as assigned.
- Answer basic questions regarding wayfinding/restrooms/visitor policy
- Check-in options with technology (vary by location):
- Patient Check-in:
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to check-in patient for appointment
- Direct patient to proper floor/unit
- Call for patient transport as needed
- Direct/manage visitors through Visitor Management System screening/badging systems -will vary by hospital and training will be provided
- Check-in process includes identity verification, data entry of visitor information, and printing of visitor badge
- Direct/manage vendors through vendor screening/badging systems -will vary by hospital and training will be provided
- Check-in process includes identity verification, data entry of visitor information, and printing of vendor badge
- Prescreen or triage at lobby entrances:
- Temperature checks and prescreen various questions
- May assist with pre-screen technology / kiosk
- Custom triage will be vetted through LAZ legal
- PPE checks and runners to assist with inventory
- Concierge Options:
- Research requests that patients and visitors have on the iPad provided.
- Utilize iPad or phone to make reservations, give directions, order flowers, provide restaurant information, local attractions, etc.
- Offer ancillary services to patients and their families (i.e. dry cleaning, food delivery, printing/scanning, email, etc.)
- Provide RX pick-up and delivery to vehicle and/or lobby
- Provide food deliveries from main driveway to room and/or waiting lobby
- Run PPE supplies to hospital divisions/units/floors
- Distribution and collection of self-administered Covid-19 tests
- Traffic Assistance:
- Assist with entry drive traffic for pick-up/drop-off, valet, and/or shuttle
- Assist with drive-up testing sites
- Assist with flu-shot clinics and/or vaccine clinics
- Patient Transport Runner (PTR) (non-clinical)
- LAZ Ambassadors can support hospital operations with internal patient point-to-point transport runners. Most common are floor to discharge, ED to floor, discharge to vehicle, or in-patient room to imaging or lab units.
- Establishes and maintains communication with patients and coworkers to improve quality of service and customer satisfaction.
- Transports patients inside the facility to designated areas in a punctual and timely manner.
- Respects and protects patient confidence and hospital confidentiality by keeping all sensitive and patient information private.
- Follows all protocols and procedures to ensure safe delivery of patients, their possessions, supplies and laboratory specimens.
- Maintains a secure, clean and healthy work environment by adhering to the standards and regulations that are set forth by the hospital and local, state and federal governments,
- Tiers of Patient Transport
- Patient Transport - Tier 1: Wheelchair Runner Only
- All transports are documented via time and location
- Observes the patient's activity/behavior and communicates any issue, concern, or irregularity and calls for assistance if/when:
- Any change in status (skin color, breathing tempo) is noted
- Alarm on medical equipment in room is activated
- Tier 1 Patient Transport Runner does NOT:
- Touch the patient for any reason. Must call for assistance.
- Touch any medical equipment on the bed or stretcher. Must call nurse for assistance
- Hospital Ambassador must comply with all hospital rules and regulations and will be required to complete any hospital regulation/safety training annually as required by each location.
- Must learn hospital Emergency codes (site specific) which will be provided/trained before the start date of each employee.
- To the best of the employee's knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health Each Sitter will be provided HIPAA training by LAZ and by each site-specific location.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate professional and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide a safe environment and demonstrate a high level of compassionate customer service.
- Ability to communicate observed changes in behavior/activity to the registered hospital personnel.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Must be willing to travel between facilities.
- Ability to lift, push and pull.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.
Patient Sitters and Transport Runners are not licensed clinical professionals and therefore can only make reasonable and non-clinical observations of a patient's status