At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The Retirement Plan Administrator is part of the corporate human resources group, which is based in Omaha, NE. We are now seeking an experienced 401(k) and retirement plan professional to join our group.
The primary duties of this position are the administration of the 401(k) plan and ESOP, HDR stock program administration (including international phantom share programs) and other associated duties. More specific duties for each area as follows:
401(k) plan administration: maintain 401(k) participant data; facilitate 401(k) loan recordkeeping; transmit data to the plan recordkeeper; wire contributions to the plan recordkeeper; process participant terminations and distributions from the plan with the plan recordkeeper;; process after-tax contributions; initiate 401k refunds as necessary; coordinate plan administration with payroll; coordinate and process employer allocations; assist with 401(k) plan mergers for acquired companies; facilitate information for annual audit; oversee 5500 filings; track vesting; answer participant questions and resolve issues as necessary; create and/or review reports for accuracy; and coordinate plan administration with plan recordkeeper.
HDR stock program administration: Administer the company employee stock buy/sell arrangement; reconcile census data for the plan; review and confirm stock allocation; research ESOP inquiries for stock plan recordkeeper; create and/or review reports for accuracy; process sale of stock for terminated employees and employees eligible for diversification; prepare buy/sell reports for executive leadership; answer participant stock redemptions questions; and coordinate plan administration with plan recordkeeper.
International Phantom Share Administration: Coordinate annual enrollment into the phantom share programs and serve as an advisor on the international phantom share committee; Coordinate education webinars; prepare and process distributions; Submit and/or review payroll files for each country.
Canada RRSP Administration: Coordinate enrollment into the RRSP program and serve as an advisor on the RRSP committee; Coordinate annual financial wellness meetings; approve distributions from the plan and submit bi-weekly payroll files.
Helps administer Deferred Compensation (Non-Qualified) program and co-administers the annual Phantom Share Buy/Sell Program: Helps with the administration of the Executive Deferred Compensation program; works with plan record keeper to administer the buy/sell process and helps verify daily and annual buy/sell numbers reported to executive management.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent related work experience required
* Minimum 5 years hands-on experience related to benefits analysis and administration of 401(k) plans & ESOPs(or possibly similar experience with other qualified ERISA retirement plans)
* In depth knowledge and understanding of how to apply ERISA laws and regulations regarding qualified retirement plans* Experience with company sponsored Buy/Sell Arrangements a plus
* Experience with phantom share programs a plus
* Experience with Canadian retirement plans a plus
* Deferred Compensation (Non-Qualified) Plan experience a plus
* Ability to stay up-to-date with new laws and regulations surrounding qualified retirement plans
* In depth knowledge in Excel, with a demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
* Experience with HRIS and payroll systems
* Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and adhere to deadlines and multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Ability to act independently and exercise judgment and discretion within the scope of the position
* Ability to demonstrate high integrity when dealing with sensitive and confidential information a must
* Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of employees and external vendors
* Limited travel may be required
* Understanding and commitment to employee ownership culture
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.