Title: Agile Coach
Location: Metro, DC
Clearance: All qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a federal Public Trust clearance.
RIVA Solutions is seeking to hire an Agile Coach to support a large IDIQ award with the United States Patent and Trademark Office in Alexandria, VA.
- Encourage product owners, stakeholders, and leadership to embrace Agile methodologies and guide teams through implementation process
- Oversee development of agile teams to ensure effective outcomes for the organization
- Proven T-shaped competencies, able to collaborate across disciplines with experts in other areas and apply cross-skill abilities in development and testing
- Develop teams of teams into extremely efficient units, creating high business value for client
- Collaborate with teams/key Agile roles to develop competencies via coaching, role-playing, frequent feedback
- Motivate teams of teams to constantly strive for improvement and cooperation within and between them, measuring the effects of improvements in increased efficiency of supported teams
- Believe in and represent Agile culture as a true ambassador, fostering new ways of working in organization and constantly verifying its most important assumptions
- Orchestrate/lead daily standups, ceremonies, sprint planning, product backlog grooming/retrospectives
- Practical knowledge of various coaching tools in team management
- Adept at using scrum rituals and metrics for increasing visibility transparency and resolving challenges
- Promote functional excellence and build up Agile project delivery capabilities in development organization
- Drive DevOps and Lean practices, coaching and mentoring team members in development environment
- Mature understanding of how TO service delivery works in an Agile environmentA Bachelors degree is required, Masters preferred
- Accomplished servant-leader capable of delivering large-scale software/web development projects by collaborating, facilitating, leading, and coaching multiple Scrum teams
- Experience delivering and/or managing services involving software development and system integration
- Current PMP certification
- Strong experience supporting Cloud Deployments
- Background with Team Transformations/Scrum Implementations
- Expert level experience with Individual and Group Coaching
- Federal civilian client work
- 5 years as Agile Coach/Product Owner/Scrum Master
- 4 years on Agile Development Teams
- Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)
- ICAgile Certified Professional - Agile Certified Coaching (ICP-ACC)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law.
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is a rapidly growing provider of information Technology and Program Support Services to the United States Federal Government. Headquartered in McLean VA, RIVA has over 500 employees in 20+ states across the US. As we continue to expand our services within Management Consulting, STEM, Cyber AI and Robotic Process Automation, we are looking for highly qualified people to join and thrive with us. VivaLaRIVA!
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is an Affirmative and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email . If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail . This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.