Under General supervision and according to established methods, assembles, prepares and otherwise readies for service a quantity of foods such as salads, sandwiches, desserts, fruits, etc. Assembles and packages breads, silverware and other items for both patient and cafeteria service.
1. Sets up service area for tray assembly line. Works at assigned station during line service. Places food items on tray following patient menu requests and portion servings.
2. Prepares and delivers all late trays to floors.
3. Prepares special items such as frappes, special drinks and puddings following recipes.
4. Bakes cookies, pies, muffins and special hors d'oeuvres items for cafeteria and catering.
5. Assists in the setup, delivery and pickup of catered functions.
6. Assists cooks in food preparation, such as, cutting vegetables, dicing and measuring vegetables .
7. Maintains safe, clean and sanitized work area and kitchen equipment according to department standards.
8. Operates dishwasher, unloads and stores clean dishware in proper place.
9. Serves and picks up patient trays by using food trucks to patient floors.
10. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service appropriate to the age of the patients served in the department.
High school graduate or equivalent. 2 years of food service experience. Must read and speak English. Stands the entire shift. Lifts up to 40 pounds. May be exposed to heat, steam, knives, cuts, burns and slippery floors.EEO Statement