Title: Medical Support Assistant
Location: Bethesda, MD - *On-Site at NIH Facility
Terms: Full-Time (7am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday )
Clearance: Qualified candidates must have or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
The functions performed by the Medical Support Assistants are critical to supporting the clinical research mission of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center. The personnel assigned to perform these functions will be interacting directly with patients, visitors and staff. They may be the first and lasting impression that our patients and visitors have of the NIH Clinical Center and it is important that our customers always leave a service area with a positive experience.
- Scheduling Activities: Schedules patient appointments in the computerized appointment scheduling system. Enter appointments accurately and according to the guidelines for the specific area assigned. Complete requests for new or modifications to existing schedule templates.
- Admissions and Outpatient Registration Activities: Transcribe requests for patient admission; pre-register patients for admission; admit inpatients and register new outpatients. Apply an accurate patient identification wristband to all patients. Assist physicians, nurses and patients with forms and other procedures related to patient expirations.
- Reception Activities: Prepare areas for the work day; receive and direct telephone calls; provide reception; make arrangements for interpreter services; close area for the work day according to the standard closing procedures for that area. Accurate and complete documentation of calls or requests; prioritization of requests and timely response.
- Patient Record Activities: Prepare any medical record or visit paperwork for the patient visit; assemble inpatient chart; disassemble inpatient chart for filing in medical record; submit any patient records to the Health Information Management Department after correct patient label applied.
- Clinical Support Activities: Perform monthly safety inspections; and provide requested patient identification materials (labels, wristbands, etc.).
- Equipment, Material and Supply Support Activities: Request and stock appropriate supplies and forms; request and stock office supplies and forms; acquire meals and snacks for patients; monitor patient care nutrition and specimen refrigerator temperatures on a daily basis.
- Travel and Local Transportation Services Support Services: Transcribe requests for patient travel authorizations into the NIH Business Systems (NBS); issue travel authorizations and vouchers to the government approving official for approval before disbursement to patient or authorized guardian; scan all travel documents into the appropriate electronic patient record; reconcile lodging and taxi invoices against travel authorizations; arrange authorized patient travel and transportation.
- Statistics, Reporting and Other Administrative Activities: Enter data, produce, and/or distribute various reports; collect and enter patient wait and processing time statistics; filing, document topics discussed in meetings and orientation; issue keys and control key inventory.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Customer service experience with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Chicken Pox (must show evidence of vaccine/titer levels indicating immunity status)
- MMR (must show evidence of disease or vaccine/titer levels indicating immunity status)
- Influenza Vaccine (must show evidence of disease or vaccine/titer levels indicating immunity status)
- Experience working in a medical office or hospital setting
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law.
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is a rapidly growing provider of information Technology and Program Support Services to the United States Federal Government. Headquartered in McLean VA, RIVA has over 500 employees in 20+ states across the US. As we continue to expand our services within Management Consulting, STEM, Cyber AI and Robotic Process Automation, we are looking for highly qualified people to join and thrive with us. VivaLaRIVA!
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is an Affirmative and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email . If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail . This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.