The Gene Transfer Vector Core of the Grousbeck Gene Therapy Center, part of the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, a Harvard Medical School Affiliated Teaching Hospital, is looking for a Core manager to support the service activities in the core. Our core is focused on research grade Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) vector production to support the studies in the field of gene therapy and building transformative medicine for disease with unmet need.
The position provides a set of diverse and independent responsibilities in a team context with excellent support and training.
Applicants are required to be highly motivated to support a highly productive life science research program, to be able to perform in a team, and have a Master/Ph.D degree in the life sciences or M.D. degree. Prior laboratory and tissue culture experience is required, viral vector production experiences are highly desired, but not required.
1. Overview the production queue for every week's AAV vector production of custom and inventory viral vectors. Manage plasmid-to-AAV vectors workflow, quality, and exchanges with customer.
2. Lead Process development on AAV production
3. Lead Collaboration research projects for vector applications
4. Generate insights and data helpful to address Customer's query for vector usage and applications
5. Supervise cloning projects and maintain plasmids and vectors reagents in and out-flow
6. There are opportunities to write grants and support process development as Co-lead on projects
7. Communicate with customers on - order inquiries, quotes, generating online request for processing payment, vector shipments. Communicate with customer's AP teams for vendor set-up, PO's questions, payments
8. Manage the inventory of supplies, order reagents and consumables, renew quotes for capital orders. Equipment PMs.
9. Coordinate to generate Service agreements, MTA, CDA, working with legal teams
10. Reconcile fiscal budgets from Core's production, expenses with Revenues processing systems. Assess pricing for main and allied service offerings
11. Website development for better customer-experience.
12. Marketing of Core's offerings to Linkedin, customer's website page, email list-serve, other avenues like conferences and relevant communities. Generate marketing content.
13. Seek networking and BD opportunities
14. Personnel management - Hiring, Timekeeping, managing employees as a point-person for HR
15. Participate in lab meetings and journal clubs. Present in conferences and meetings.
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Work will primarily take place in a research laboratory setting. Job may require exposure to bio-hazardous or toxic substances.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.