APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples or a portfolio.
DOCUMENTS BEING UPLOADED MUST BE LESS THAN 5 MB
BWBR is adding a Project Architect experienced in all phases of design, including detailing, documentation, and construction phase coordination to our team in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Project Architects at BWBR are responsible for bringing our clients' needs to life - creating the program, resolving design issues, coordinating with consultants, taking care of details, mentoring staff, and creating sets of construction documents. Project Architects know the details about projects and clients. They serve as a primary contact for clients, engineers, and contractors. Project Architects are experts in many areas of the profession. They seek out others' expertise, keep everyone's interests in mind, and come up with solutions that keep the design, budget, team, and schedule on track.
BWBR is a full-service architectural and interior design firm with broad experience in health care, higher education, corporate, government, transportation, and recreation project types. At BWBR you can craft your career based on your passions and strengths, with support from our team. We help you grow with personal attention to project assignments and learning with opportunities to work on many types of projects of all sizes. We value great design, curiosity and dedication to colleagues, clients, and projects. With BWBR's single studio staffing, you will have the ability to work on different project types over the course of your career.
BWBR supports a wide range of in-person and remote workstyles. We give our employees flexibility to choose their own balance of working remotely or in the office. We offer a full benefits package, including insurance, profit sharing, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and holidays. If you're looking for a career in which you can grow, work, play, and care - we would like to talk to you about BWBR.
Our opening in Saint Paul is ideal for a licensed architect or job captain. Job responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
* Provide overall technical and design coordination of internal and external project teams.
* Produce and monitor progress of project documentation and deliverables.
* Execute project tasks in all phases of design and construction.
* Lead owner and consultant meetings.
This position is ideal for an individual who possesses the following attributes:
* Experience designing hospital, clinic, education, lab, clean room, or manufacturing projects a plus.
* Follows project budgets and schedules.
* Generates and critiques design ideas with team members.
* Coordinates teams of architects and external consultants.
* Communicates with client and BWBR leadership regarding project objectives.
* Communicates effectively in person, on the phone, and via email.
* Facilitates mentoring and coaching of less experienced employees.
* Expertise using Revit in all phases of design and documentation required.
* Works to succeed in a team environment.
* BArch or MArch degree preferred
* Architectural license or ability to obtain license preferred
If you are looking for more than just great work, we'd enjoy meeting you and talking.