YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For
- Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes America's Best Employers
The Product Innovation & Planning team internship provides an opportunity for college students to gain first-hand experience with Navy Federal's enterprise innovation program.
The intern will work with the PI&P team in a team-based network and collaborate with other departments. Interns will learn and use moderately complex conceptual design thinking approaches and participate in selecting key strategic technology transformation opportunity areas and, together with cross-functional teams, develop and propose new concepts to convert business needs into meaningful solutions that will allow the Navy Federal to remain at the forefront of financial services. Work is typically wide-ranging and calls for a curious, self-starting individual eager to learn and contribute. This is a year-round, Full or Part -Time, flexible internship based on school schedule. All Intern candidates who have graduated from high school must be enrolled in college. To be eligible for this position you must currently be a student.
** In order to be considered for this position, you must be currently enrolled in college courses **
- Assists in allocated department with tasks; may be asked to work on smaller or bigger projects
- Cooperate in support of strategic business objectives and activities in the unit or across the enterprise
- Conduct basic market research to identify current trends, emerging ideas, and fresh views, as well as basic observations from sector research/marketplace/business environment awareness, and also to assess worldwide trends and patterns.
- Act as a resource in support of generating and providing recommendations to senior leadership for new technologies that demonstrate corporate value, as well as company strategy alignment with Navy Federal
- Learn and use design thinking methodologies, such as consumer-driven issue solving, along with market analysis and research to discover ways to make customer experiences better and more efficient
- Keep in touch with the people on your team, with your management, and with important stakeholders and contacts external to your organization (e.g., vendors)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's/Master's degree from an accredited college/university
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to make sound decisions
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective skill communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
Bank Secrecy Section
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Strong academic record as evidenced by a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Communication with impact and commitment to self-development
- Knowledge of emerging banking and technology trends in the industry
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM -4:30PM(at least 20 hrs/week)
Location: 820 Follin Ln, Vienna VA 22180
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership. All interns will be expected to report to campus once we resume campus operations.
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability