State & Community Engagement (SCE) enables AARP to be a nationwide organization, which strengthens our capacity to carry out our mission.The SCE team includes: 53 states and territories across 6 regions with regional management, the Office of Volunteer Engagement, the Office of Community Engagement (including the National Retired Teachers Association (NRTA): AARP's Educator Community), and the Legal Counsel for the Elderly (LCE).Summary
The intern will work with all AARP DE outreach and communications team members, focusing on helping with events, increasing communications metrics, and supporting volunteer engagement. This internship has an anticipated start date of July 2021 and an end date of December 2021.Responsibilities
Duties will include the following:
* Working closely with the State Director on key task for external meeting preparation
* Assist with research and preparation of presentations and communications.
* Additional responsibilities may include supporting the advocacy work as projects emerge
* Attending meetings as requested, joining staff meetings weekly (virtual or in-person)
On an average day, you will be:
* Applying innovative thinking and problem-solving to challenges
* Assisting team members with developing new ideas for increasing visibility
* Contributing to communication metrics specifically related to social media
Focusedon Volunteer Engagement
* Providing support to volunteers in outreach and communications activities
Prospective interns must be currently enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college or university; be considered rising undergraduate juniors or seniors, graduate students, or post-doctoral students; and remain academically enrolled throughout the internship.
AARP also considers non-traditional interns who are looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers. This may include those who have previously graduated from college and enrolled in a continuing education program.
Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits.
As a result of the COVID pandemic, all interviews will be held virtually and all non-essential employees will continue to work remotely until further notice.Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.