At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Transportation Engineer, we'll count on you to:
* Prepare and oversee the following elements of various sizes of contract plans, specifications and estimates: roadway sections, alignment/right-of-way plans, temporary erosion control plans, site preparation plans, roadway profiles, drainage plans and profiles, utility plans, paving, pavement marking plans, signing plans, traffic control plans
* Prepare scopes, budgets and schedules
* Manage the following work elements: day-to-day communication (verbal and written) with the client, support and advise junior engineers and technical staff, write reports and technical memos, coordinate with subconsultants, keep project on schedule and within budget, and keep clients satisfied
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
* 6+ years design experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.