SunOpta Inc. is looking for passionate and self-motivated Quality Assurance interns to join our Quality Team. Internships will last between 8 - 12 weeks based on the successful candidates' availability. Internship positions will be paid competitively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The intern will be a member of the QA team that brings together technical and practical knowledge to ensure the
production of high quality products by SunOpta facilities. He or she will gain insight to industry while assisting
professionals in studies and projects. Experience will include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Quality assurance program elements
- Utilization of quality assurance data to determine the quality of a product.
- Root cause analysis
- GMP, EMP, SOP, and SSOP
- SQF and BRC audits
- Food safety and HACCP plans
- Allergen management programs
Candidates must be working towards a Food Science and/or an appropriate degree. Chemical, Mechanical, Food, Agricultural, Bio-Chemical, and Microbiological disciplines (or equivalent) will be considered. Candidates must be in their sophomore, junior or senior year of college and working towards Food Science or an appropriate degree. Graduate students will also be considered.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Previous internship or work experience is strongly preferred
- Proven leadership, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
Travel may be required to various SunOpta locations for plant trials or other job related functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer EOE