At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Civil Construction Inspector 2, we'll count on you to:
* Conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses for civil engineering projects related to civil infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, water/wastewater facilities, pump stations and pipelines
* Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and identify discrepancies or conflicts within the documents
* Be able to provide technical guidance regarding construction matters to project stakeholders.
* Observe and ensure contractor compliance with construction safety measures, work zone traffic control plan, materials, and workmanship according to project specifications and plans
* Support engineering activities, i.e. -Constructability Reviews, Estimating, TCP Reviews, Contractor Schedule Reviews, Risk Assessment, etc.
* Maintain Project Scope/Schedule/Budget
* Manage Quality Control & Assurance
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Previous expereince in heavy civil infrastructure construction inspection or management.
* Public Infrastructure Inspection and design background
* Prior experience in public transportation and utility construction projects
* Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
* Strong written communication skills
* Must possess valid driver's license in good standing
* Willing to travel within Oregon and SW Washington.
* ODOT inspection certifications desired or ability to obtain certifications
* An Associates or Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
* Previous experience inspecting transportation construction projects
* Familiarity with construction observation reporting and procedures
* Pre-marketing ODOT & Local Agencies capabilities and interest
* Existing client relationships for CM work & proven successful CM experience
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.