At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is seeking an experienced public relations professional who is passionate about communications, has a drive to innovate and a habit of thinking outside the box. This person will serve as a senior strategic communications coordinator leading and delivering communications for infrastructure projects on an industry-leading team.
Who You Are:
- You are forwarding thinking creative who is comfortable working on multi-disciplinary teams and collaborating effectively with colleagues in both content and technical development.
- You are exceptionally organized, with an almost obsessive attention to details, and highly driven with the ability to manage several projects and meet deadlines.
- You are a great writer, skilled at defining and articulating a message. You describe yourself as a storyteller.
- You are not afraid of leading and facilitating contentious public meetings, public hearings, open houses and other meetings with the public, clients and other project stakeholders.
- You have a deep understanding of NEPA and how infrastructure projects are developed under these guidelines.
- You have a record of accomplishment of creating and implementing communications plans that included target audience strategies, marketing and advertising plans, event planning, and collateral material development and implementation.
- You enjoy managing client relationships. The role of consultant fits well with you.
- You should be a highly creative person who understands the importance of clear communication across multiple channels and mediums.
- You are a lifelong learner who is constantly researching new technologies and trends, pushing clients and the team to innovate. You embrace the new.
- You're a self-started who thrives and adapts in fast-paced environments.
- Excellent knowledge and experience developing and implementing communications plans and campaigns.
- 5 - 7 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or relevant field. (Minimum)
How to impress us:
Show us you're a creative thinker who can manage clients and be a valuable part of an industry-leading team. Provide a well-crafted cover letter, writing examples and communications plans.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.