Research Associate I
Responsible for conducting research, development and manufacturing laboratory experimentation and other scientific activities to support Ventana projects. Exercises technical expertise and discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies. Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Presents and discusses results of experiments within department and project team. Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and may participate in conferences and professional societies. Follows company policies and procedures for GMP, GLP, Design Control and others as appropriate. Maintains complete and accurate laboratory documentation and electronic files. May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
- Executes laboratory experiments; makes detailed observations and analyzes data.
- Execute molecular assays, e.g. qPCR, NGS, automation, etc.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Normally receives detailed directions on all work.
- Makes suggestions to improve work processes.
- Assists in reducing to practice patentable inventions.
- Works on projects of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- May participate in cross functional technical team activities.
- Presents and discusses data within group.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
BS in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related science discipline OR demonstrated relevant experience.
- Preferred 1-3 years' work experience in a molecular laboratory after graduation. * Preferred knowledge of DNA/RNA extraction, quantification, PCR setup and result analyses. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with basic laboratory skills (pipetting, balances, pH meters, centrifuges) is required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with PCR and be proficient in planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Prior experience working in GLP or GMP environments is preferred.
- Experience with qPCR and NGS execution is desirable, but not required.
- Experience with laboratory robotic automation is helpful.
- Ability to communicate professionally, including oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable of learning new techniques and technologies.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.