PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Support all infrastructure systems through complete life cycle (design, procurement, installation, maintenance). This includes, but is not limited to Cisco switches and routers using various network protocols, Windows servers, and other information technology deemed critical to business operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain network operations on a day-to-day basis for a complex network of over 400 workstations and 150 servers as part of the Infrastructure Services team.
- Troubleshoot and proactively monitor networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Provide documentation of network operating systems and network topology.
- Implement authorized network enhancements and special projects as assigned.
- Support and maintain recovery systems and operations, including but not limited to: maintaining backup system configuration, performing backup system upgrades, monitoring backups, and performing restores as needed.
- Participate in a rotating on-call support schedule.
- Supports the organization in the design and implementation of network components, including support of development systems and assistance with testing.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve KELLY business problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred, or demonstrated equivalent of work experience and industry accreditation.
- 6+ years System Engineering experience
- Technical certification training in Microsoft Database Services, Enterprise Networking
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Extensive experience in Microsoft operating systems, both workstation and server.
- Ability to provide support for MS Exchange 2010 in a medium to large enterprise environment. including BES and ActiveSync.
- Must possess a strong technical understanding of Windows infrastructure services (e.g. AD, GPO, CIFS, and DFS) within the enterprise.
- Experience with VMware ESX in a clustered environment.
- Experience configuring and allocating storage using SANs.
- Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft clustering.
- Some experience configuring and maintaining Cisco switches, routers, and security appliances.
- Experience with VPN connections and terminal servers
- Citrix experience is a must
- Ability to administer large and complex computer networks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills to provide for effective documentation and business cases.
- Strong time management skills.