Vigilant Energy Management is looking for a Solar PV Technician to join our elite group of professionals responsible for maximizing the performance of a rapidly growing fleet of solar electric power systems in the mid-Atlantic region. The daily activities of our technicians include both hands-on field work and in-office documentation preparation and meetings. Field work includes preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance of existing commercial PV systems, as well as testing, inspection and commissioning of new systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Testing, diagnosing and troubleshooting existing PV systems
- Inspecting and commissioning newly constructed PV systems
- Conducting maintenance inspections and providing reports on findings
- Analyzing system performance via online monitoring systems
- Performing quality control inspections as necessary
- Preparing quotes for corrective maintenance
- Participation in both formal and "in the field" training and programs
- Understanding and following company and OSHA safety practices at all times
- Maintaining an awareness of the latest construction technologies, materials, and test procedures relevant to the industry
- Reporting work progress, plans, issues, and problems to management in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Maintaining respectful and professional working relationships with clients and developing professional relationships with potential clients
- Meeting and/or exceeding established performance objectives as defined and communicated by management
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma
- Troubleshooting logic and strong organizational skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and skills including electrical knowledge and ability to read construction plans
- Ability to understand and satisfy customer needs
- Clean driving record
- Ability to successfully pass post-offer drug screen and background check.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Thorough understanding of Solar PV system design and operation
- Understanding of NEC, especially Article 690
- Five (5) years of electrical experience
- NABCEP PV installer certification
- Journeyman Electrician’s license
- Experience with MODBUS control schemes and data acquisition systems
- Experience with thermography
- Experience with IV curve tracing
- Fluency with Excel and with data analysis
- Customer service background
- OSHA training
POSITION ROUTINELY INTERFACES WITH:
- Customers, subcontractors, general public, all employees.
Conducts work in both a field-type environment and a professional office setting with travel to jobsites.
Physical working conditions may involve the following:
- Lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Extended periods of climbing, sitting, walking, standing, reaching, and/or bending, including working on rooftops.
- Periods of reading fine print on a computer or in paper-based format.
Routine aspects of this position may require the following non-physical demands:
- Analytical and logical reasoning.
- Problem solving and researching skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
Routine aspects of this position may place the incumbent in situations where they may be susceptible to potential hazards from the following:
- Trips, slips and/or falls while on customer property.
- Chemical adhesives and materials used in construction.
- Lifting items up to 75 pounds in weight.
- Other hazardous conditions on customer premises, not otherwise defined here.
Vigilant Energy Management is EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Vigilant energy Management is a drug-free and E-Verify compliant workplace.