The Quality Control Assurance Manager (QA/QC Manager) is responsible for ensuring the overall quality of the work and materials meet or exceed the project’s contractual requirements by monitoring construction activities and materials delivered to the site. The QA/QC Manager will oversee the planning, coordination and execution of the work so that projects are completed in a high quality and safe manner, meeting budget and schedule objectives, as well as provide leadership, supervision and technical management of contractors, subcontractors and other construction related personnel. Successful QA/QC Managers are reliable, competent professionals with solid experience in quality control that will assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming to the long-term success of our business.
- Monitoring of all electrical and mechanical installations during the construction phase.
- Provide QA/QC reports to onsite site team for development of punch lists as required.
- Provide advanced notice of potential issues that would or could become problematic over the course of the installations.
- Provide support and guidance as needed to help support the installation of the electrical and mechanical systems to avoid future issues.
- Work with the commissioning agents to ensure commissioning practices are adhered to.
- Verify installation of all electrical and mechanical equipment supplied by the SSI is installed per code and industry standards.
- Verify schedule on a weekly basis for tracking listed activities and report discrepancies.
- Support the subcontractors on any training issues
- Source inspections – materials
- Make recommendation on field issues
- Provide daily project progress assessments
- Establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished product
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives
- Assists project managers with project-related assignments including, but not limited to, project planning, tracking, and documentation from project proposal phase to project closeout.
- Organizes and maintains all commercial project folders, ensuring all required documentation is present.
- Updates and tracks project schedules, processes RFI’s, CO’s, and submittal packages.
- Maintains in-depth familiarity with project blueprints and plans and be able to make changes as necessary.
- Ensures that resources (materials, tools, vehicles, other equipment) are available when needed.
- Establishes and maintains a working knowledge of contract specifications and work descriptions and ensure complete compliance, including compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains an awareness of the latest construction technologies relevant to the industry.
- Reports work progress, plans, progress, issues, and problems to the Project Manager and department Director in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains respectful and professional working relationships with clients and develop professional relationship with potential clients.
- High school diploma and Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management or related discipline.
- Knowledge of construction practices and skills, with five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience directly related to the construction industry.
- Extensive field knowledge and understanding of the critical electrical and mechanical systems that are to be installed at a commercial solar construction project.
- Familiarization with industry standard installation practices for different types of commercial solar systems.
- Prior solar, renewable energy and/or electrical experience a plus.
- NABCEP candidates preferred. If not possessed at time of hiring, NABCEP certifications must be obtained within 2 years of employment.
- First Aid, CPR and OHSA 30 certifications preferred. If not possessed at time of hiring, certifications must be obtained within 1 year of employment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Analytical and logical reasoning skills.
- Problem solving and researching skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project, and SharePoint a plus.
- Must possess current valid license to drive with a clear driving record for at least the past two years.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Trips, slips and/or falls while on customer property.
Chemical abrasives used in office and kitchen cleaning.
Lifting items up to 75 pounds in weight.
Other hazardous conditions on customer premises, not otherwise defined here.