Standard Solar, Inc. is a national leader in the full-service development, installation, financing and operation of solar electric systems. Dedicated to making Distributed Generation (“DG”) solar solutions more accessible, the company is leading the way to energy independence. Since 2004, Standard Solar has been developing solar projects to creatively solve the energy needs of commercial, industrial, educational, government, utility and other clients. We are committed to offering responsible and energy cost-saving solar solutions that conform to the highest standards.
Named one of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in America for four consecutive years by Inc. Magazine, Standard Solar operates nationally, and is headquartered in Rockville, MD. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 401(k), and PTO program, among others. Standard Solar offers a vibrant, dynamic, and fun working environment, where individuals and their contributions are valued and rewarded. We value innovation, leadership, and forward-thinking, and provide a friendly, intellectual, challenging work environment where employees can thrive and grow professionally.
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) is responsible for the overall documentation and administrative functions on a construction project. The APM will assist the Project Manager to manage the flow of information between the field and office to ensure that each project is constructed in accordance with the contract documents. The APM reports directly to the Project Manager. Successful APMs are organized and detail-oriented, pay close attention to deadlines and deliverables, are adaptable, dependable, punctual, productive, and work well with others.
- Assist the Project Manager in all phases and aspects of the project
- Creating and tracking Request for Information (RFI’s)
- Creating and tracking Submittals
- Creating and tracking Meeting Minutes
- Preparing Subcontractor and owner change orders
- Preparing documents for project closeout
- Assist with permit submission and tracking
- Maintain and manage project files
- Developing trade scopes of work and assisting the Project Manager with buyout of trades
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline.
- Two (2) to Five (5) years of experience in construction management and/or electrical installation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and skills. Ability to read plans required.
- Strong background in electrical services is preferred.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excels in a high-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Problem solving and researching skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Focused and supportive to management at all times
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Adaptable and calm under pressure
- Expert problem solver
- PMP and or NABCEP candidates preferred. If not possessed at time of hiring, NABCEP certifications must be obtained within 2 years of employment.
- First Aid, CPR and OHSA 10 certifications preferred. If not possessed at time of hiring, certifications must be obtained within 1 year of employment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project, and Sharepoint are preferred.
- Physical Demands:
- Conducts work in both a field-type environment or in a professional office setting with local travel to jobsites to conduct inspections.
- Physical working conditions may involve the following:
- Lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Extended periods of being on an active construction site which may include, climbing ladders, standing or walking on uneven ground, and being exposed to outdoor climates.
- Extended periods of sitting, walking, standing, reaching, and/or bending.
- Extended periods of reading fine print on a computer or in paper-based format.
- Potential Hazards:
- Trips, slips and/or falls while on customer property.
- Chemical abrasives used in office and kitchen cleaning.
- Lifting items up to 75 pounds in weight.
- Other hazardous conditions on customer premises, not otherwise defined here.