|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||PROJECT ENGINEER - DESIGN|
|Job Location(s):||Hagerstown, MD|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||5 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Engineering - Mechanical, Engineering - CAD Design|
The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial world platforms and JLG SkyTrak and Lull telehandlers. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle transportation.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Responsible for engineering project(s) within a design and development program. Position may include the supervision of engineers and designers. Perform high level engineering analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required
2. Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
3. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
4. Communicate project objectives to team members
5. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
6. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
7. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
8. Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, project communication, quality assurance, research and historical records
9. Perform engineering analysis to support to the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
10. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company's mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
11. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
12. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
13. Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
14. Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success. Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives
15. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
16. Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
17. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
* Bachelor's of Science in Engineering
* 5-plus years of related experience
* Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
* Experience with a high level cad system (ProE Wildfire)
* PMP certification
* Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.