|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||MARKETING RESEARCH MANAGER|
|Job Location(s):||Hagerstown, MD|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||6 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Marketing - General, Management and Supervision, Business Ops - Research/Development|
The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial world platforms and JLG SkyTrak and Lull telehandlers. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle transportation.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Develops, conducts and maintains the processes for the systematic collection of information on an international scope. The information to be collected, organized and maintained comes from a variety of primary and secondary sources. The primary goal is to ensure that the information provided to product management, sales, marketing and management represents an accurate portrayal of the situation. Ensures that a 'total picture' of what is going on in the market place is provided. Is responsible to project manage process development projects related to information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for designing, conducting and/or resourcing primary market research to support the new product development process, identify product gaps and determine product design parameters.
2. Responsible for developing methodology, conducting or resourcing market assessment programs to support segments revenue growth strategy.
3. Develop demand forecasting model, data sources and reporting process for those products and regions where forecasting models have not yet been developed. Continually develop and monitor leading indicators and market conditions to fuel the forecasting process.
4. Responsible for development and ongoing execution of formal competitive intelligence process to improve competitor threat analysis, support strategic planning and acquisition assessment, and identify opportunities.
5. Collect and collate data and conduct trend analysis for market share, sales, customer segmentation and new markets.
6. Collect and analyze company sales and gross margin information to identify opportunities for pricing, promotions, or other initiatives.
7. Continually develop and monitor leading indicators and market conditions in support of segment level information requirements and to feed to the corporation when appropriate.
8. Work with the Business Intelligence (BI) group to automate data collection and mining activities when applicable.
9. Facilitate development of standard key marketing dashboards across all segments for customer satisfaction, brand awareness and perception, advertising effectiveness, lead generation, and other metrics as identified.
10. Assist in the strategic planning and deployment process as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
* 6-plus years related experience
* Strong computer and Internet research skills
* Market research experience, including modeling and analytics
* Leadership and project management experience
* Analytical and communication skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* B2B market research preferred, B2C market research acceptable
* Masters of Business Administration
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.