One (1) part-time position open for an experienced instructor to administer and teach two courses to individuals working at biological research laboratories at the National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, MD and Rockville, MD): Laboratory Safety at the NIH and Working Safely with HIV and Other Bloodborne Pathogens for Non-Hospital Personnel Course instruction and related duties will be needed 1-3 days per month for 12 months, approximately 8 hours each teaching day.
- Conduct training/ instruction for both courses using already developed course materials up to 3 days/month
- Perform a dry run of class prior to the first training/class day
- Remain onsite to answer questions and collect student tests after each class
- Complete instructor course evaluation following each class.
- Confirm with the training assistant that the pre-arranged auditorium is ready and all equipment, such as laptop computers and projection and sound equipment, is fully operational prior to each lecture; set up training materials
- Score course tests and deliver to the Training Manager or assistant for processing
- Provide a course attendance roster to the Safety Training Program Manager or assistant at the conclusion of each day of classes