COMML LOAN ADMINISTRATOR III (USA)-715418
The Loan Administrator III is an experienced, qualified individual who possesses a broad understanding of the essential principles governing loan documentation and perfection of security interests. The Loan Administrator III may serve as a back up to the Loan Administrator IV and can perform all the responsibilities of the Loan Administrator II.
- Analyze loan requests to determine the appropriate documentation solution.
- Advise underwriters and relationship managers on loan structure and make recommendations on the wording of covenants and provisions.
- Prepare commercial and consumer loan documents using in-house documentation software platform (LaserPro or Word templates) for new loans, renewals, extensions and modifications.
- Conduct lien searches and related due diligence tasks to determine appropriate actions to resolve outstanding lien issues and deliver lien documents to designated vendors.
- Review loan documents prepared by other associates or outside counsel to ensure compliance with the Bank's loan policy, applicable banking regulations and with any other requirements designated by the credit approval authority, and authorize the closing of such loans.
- Review organizational documents, appraisals, surveys and other third party documents to ensure conformity with bank standards.
- Analyze due diligence documentation and prepare necessary lien perfection documents to protect banks security interest in pledged collateral.
- Review loan packages for completeness and regulatory compliance in order to authorize funding.
- Remain current on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting compliance and attend seminars and workshops covering regulatory and compliance issues.
- Prepare detailed funding instructions to ensure that loans are funded properly and that banks fees are collected and deliver loan packages to designated operations centers.
- Assist in identifying and clearing any exceptions within the appropriate time periods.
- Coordinate the issuance of letters of credit, including renewals and amendments. * Interact with underwriters, relationship managers, customers, agent banks, attorneys, insurance agents, etc., to ensure all conditions are met for closing and to coordinate the details of loan booking and funding.
- Serve as back up to Loan Administrator IV.
- Instruct new associates and serve as a training resource for less experienced associates in the department.
- Work well in a team in order to support and improve team performance.
- Solve problems and find solutions to issues that might derail closings or otherwise inconvenience customers.
- Incorporate Capital Ones values into daily tasks and assignments.
- Apply job knowledge and documentation skills to a diverse array of loan products.
- Communicate effectively and intelligently with underwriters and relationship managers.
- Utilize contacts, both internal and external, to accomplish goals.
- Execute responsibilities independently with minimal supervision.
- Anticipate and resolve issues proactively.
- Manage a complex workload that includes multiple tasks and conflicting priorities.
- Work on special projects.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- 5 years of directly applicable banking experience with responsibility for commercial loan documentation and/or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- Bachelors Degree or relevant experience as a paralegal, loan administrator or compliance associate.
- 4 years of directly applicable banking experience with responsibility for commercial loan documentation.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word, along with an understanding of loan accounting systems and/or familiarity with Bank loan systems.
- Working knowledge of Excel or Microsoft Word and understanding loan accounting systems and/or familiarity with Bank loan systems.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job: Business and Commercial Banking
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Bethesda-Montgomery-Bethesda Metro Cntr (17049)