MoneyGram International currently has an opening for a Senior Business Analyst, located at St. Louis Park, MN. This position will be highly involved during the implementation of new products, new business or new agent/biller implementations that impacts Finance. The position will spend 90% of the time leading these new business initiatives for Finance PMO and ensure to engage functional SMEs from various areas within Finance as needed, and 10% of the time identifying process improvements that will strategically enhance Finance. The role will partner and collaborate with legal, accounting, IT, product development and others as needed in order to arrive to optimal solutions. Specific responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Establish a thorough understanding of Finance business processes, the systems used to support those processes, and the connection of those processes to other business functions
- Work as project leader to ensure the quality of solutions delivered and to facilitate successful implementations.
- Prepare project documentation, including AS-IS and TO-BE flows
- Validate TO-BE processes and corresponding business requirements.
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in test scenario identification and test execution
- Work with the business systems analysts to prioritize the development of defined technology solutions according to relative business impact
- Provide detail review to end-to-end process owner and obtain approval and sign-off
- Institute regular communication and user group meetings with business process owners, sub process owners and end-to-end process owners.
- Update new initiatives pipeline report for Finance PMO Manager
- Assist with ad hoc analysis and projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- All positions require the ability to model the Corporate Values of Respect, Courage, Passion, Teamwork and Integrity.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication
- Excellent collaboration
- Strong influencer
- Strong process improvement
- Strong prioritization/ project management
- Strong ability to drive change
- BA/BS in Finance, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent required.
- MBA and/ or CPA a plus.
Experience: 5-7 years
- Experience in Financial Systems (experience within the financial industry is preferred).?
- Analytical ability, required. Ability to analyze the system functionality against business needs and project what that would mean for the business.
- Ability to work cross-functionally is required
- Experience with software systems and query tools to mine specific data (experience with query tools such as Oracle, Visio, SQL, Cognos, etc. is preferred).
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve independently, required.
- Strong process improvement to drive automation and change, required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, required.
- Ability to work with and influence all levels of the organization to understand business goals and apply that understanding to system design, required.
- Strong Excel, desired.
- Ability to plan strategically and breakdown to effective tactical steps, required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment, required.
- Ability to work flexible working hours when deadlines require it, required.