Veolia Transportation is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, providing bus , rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming."
The Lead Road Supervisor reports directly to the Director of Operations. They will be responsible for the supervision of Road Supervisors, Para-transit drivers, including but not limited to planning and implementing departmental policies and ensuring maximum reliability and efficiency of run and route coverage. Utilizing an expertise in creating and maintaining performance measures, they will be responsible for assisting in the management of the day to day operations, establishing goals and priorities for scheduling projects, developing methods for completing projects as well as assessing problems and recommending solutions and long term improvements. In addition, they will be involved in the training of the group, will monitor para-transit service delivery levels to ensure efficient use of equipment and personnel as well as compliance with budget and resource limits.
- College degree preferred
- 1 to 2 years' experience performing journey-level schedule making or transit operations planning work.
- 2 to 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity in bus operations, with knowledge of operating a computerized CAD/AVL para-transit system
- Excellent knowledge of geographic locations, vehicle routing opportunities, and traffic conditions within the DC Metropolitan area.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret general business procedures.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, effective in presenting information, and responding to questions from all levels of associates.
- Must also have the ability to analyze and interpret basic computer information with various software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- You must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check
Veolia Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer