Company:Center for Health Policy Development
Industry:Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals / Medical
The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) is an independent academy of state health policymakers working together to identify emerging issues, develop policy solutions, and improve state health policy and practice.
NASHP provides a forum for constructive, nonpartisan work across branches and agencies of state government on critical health issues facing states. We are a non-profit, non-partisan, non-membership organization dedicated to helping states achieve excellence in health policy and practice. NASHP’s funders include both public and private organizations that contract for our services.
To accomplish our mission we:
• Convene state leaders to solve problems and share solutions.
• Conduct policy analyses and research.
• Disseminate information on state policies and programs.
• Provide technical assistance to states.
The responsibility for health care and health care policy does not reside in a single state agency or department. NASHP provides a unique forum for productive interchange across all lines of authority, including executive offices and the legislative branch.
We work across a broad range of health policy topics including:
• Long-term and chronic care.
• Public health issues, including obesity.
• Quality and patient safety.
• Insurance coverage and cost containment.
• The State Children’s Health Insurance Program.
NASHP’s strengths and capabilities include:
• Active participation by a large number of volunteer state officials.
• Developing consensus reports through active involvement in discussions among people with disparate political views.
• Planning and executing large and small conferences and meetings with substantial user input in defining the agenda.
• Distilling the literature in language useable and useful for practitioners.
• Identifying and describing emerging and promising practices.
• Developing leadership capacity within states by enabling communication within and across states.